Sunday 15 January 2012

1. Learning Expectations for Germany Exchange

I expect it to be hard. Intense. Long hours. But fun at the same time. The teachers here seem to understand the language in a whole different manner, which can be confusing, but also better. The fact that they speak in German the whole time is great, I feel as though I'm learning while I'm learning.  By that I mean, when they speak, I'm learning the words for what they are explaining all at the same time. 

I expect speaking to be extremely difficult at first. Maybe after a beer or two I will get the confidence to speak more. But after 6 weeks I hope (not expect) to be able to converse adequately and at will, without sticking my nose in a dictionary at all. At the moment Google translate is my favourite website.


Sorry for the late post, I had problems the first time I posted on Wednesday. 


1 comment:

  1. frances. what an interesting post. do you often have technological problems. check out this website for help. http://www.pretzelworld.com.au/
    i hope you dont drink too much bier. liver disease is the number one killer amongst turbos. im gld u brought a dictionary because j'ai oublie' la mienne.

    ReplyDelete